11.11.2009

Shutterboo Photo Challenge: Zipper

I admit I was feeling uninspired for this week's post. And I don't really like either of the photos I came up with, but, here goes.

I took this picture of Mollie in her favorite winter coat. She was not happy about the coat being a bit too small or that I zipped it up all the way. I got one quick shot and this was it.

The focus was off and I just wasn't happy with that photo, so I decided to take a picture of my all-time favorite zipper. It's from a toddler "busy" book that my grandma made for me in the 70's.

I thought it would be more interesting if it had some "toddler hands" in it, but Lucy just wouldn't cooperate. Apparently, the zipper page isn't her favorite.

So, I'm not entirely happy with either photo this week, but I tried!

5 comments:

shutterboo said...

I like the picture you chose. I know you said she moved but it looks like you used zoom-motion (zooming out to imply motion). I think it's a stellar choice. ;)

Nicola said...

i love the first photo. it looks like you used a blur lens or blurred it in picnik/photoshop. i didn't realize it was out of focus until i read further!

Grandpa TC (the Grouch) said...

Sort of brought tears to my eyes to see the busy book. Love you guys. I'm wishing I had your photographic skills, SDK. Bless you all!

LSULiv said...

I think the one of Mollie is well done with the blur!

RGW said...

I love the photo of Mollie too!