3.02.2009

The Saga of the Toaster Oven

Our old, well-loved Toast-R-Oven died a few weeks ago. I did my best to try to find a suitable replacement. I wanted something basic to make toast, waffles, open faced sandwiches, garden burgers. I wanted something cheap. Nothing digital. No convection feature. Since the beloved Black and Decker worked so well for 8+ years, I decided to purchase the "new" version.

What I got was a real piece of crap. It burns everything and the heating element doesn't turn off, even when the timer goes off. The casing gets really hot. It is a cheap, dangerous fire hazard. So I'm in the market for a new, new toaster oven. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno about a good toaster oven, but I like burnt toast.

Send it home with mom!

BookyG said...

No idea on the toaster oven, but I got a toaster for $7 at K-mart last year. I'm sure we are all dying of lead poisoning as I write this.

Anonymous said...

We have a Cuisinart (not cheap) but it is reliable. It was the third one we bought in a week. One was returned due to an annoying tick during the heating which could be heard 2 rooms away, the other was returned for some other reason. eh

Nicola said...

i don't have one but i would 1) contact the compan yand complain big time. 2) try and return it. 3) ask for one on freecycle!

Unknown said...

What happens with public relations people are either too afraid or too important to speak to the press? Well, you're reading it. oster toaster oven made in the usa